This class is for beginners or experienced yogis who are interested in learning and experiencing “The Yoga of Awareness.”
The class will include:
- Kriya or movement, posture (asana)
- Body locks (bandhs)
- Eye/mental focus (dristi)
- The sacred sound current (the Naad of Shabad Guru). Mantra is repeated aloud or silently.
- Breathing (pranayam). When we learn to breathe consciously, we can calm our minds and master all aspects of our lives through the awareness of simply observing the breath.
- Meditation to develop a “quiet mind”
- Sacred hand gestures (mudras)
- Deep relaxation
Sunday, April 30, 2017
4 to 6 PM
Sweet Home Retreat Center
Cost $20 if pre-registered or $30 at the door
(A vegan snack will be provided after class)
Lori Bradford Miles (Akaljot Kaur) is a native Nashvillian, dedicated to the pursuit of sustainable, holistic healing methods. Her diverse background has offered rich experiences as a registered nurse specializing in psychiatry and addiction/recovery. Lori graduated from Aquinas College with her nursing degree then went on to explore various therapeutic healing processes resulting in energetic transformation. Her own inner revolution began as a dedicated student of yoga. This metamorphosis happened organically and lead her on a path as a spiritual teacher. She completed yoga teacher training and received her Registered Yoga Teacher-RYT certification through Kundalini Research Institute, under the lineage of the master; Yogi Bhajan. Previously, she had acquired an Expert Registered Yoga Teacher-ERYT through Yoga Alliance. Lori Encourages intuitive insight through her abilities for students to become attuned to the ancient practice of Kundalini Yoga by teaching in its pure and complete form.