I’m in limbo! I don’t know where I’m going to live or what I’m supposed to do next. I don’t feel like I’m going to be in my current career much longer. I know I’m here for a reason but it’s not clear what my mission is. My relationship with my partner/spouse feels out of alignment with my future.
I often hear expressions similar to these when coaching clients on an accelerated spiritual path. Dissolving relationships, mending relationships, changing careers, and relocating are part of spiritual growth. The sun has to go down before it comes up again.
Part of the process of following diving guidance is learning how to respond and use your time wisely when you are in a waiting period. Those of us who are rapidly ascending are doing so because we are not afraid of change. Many times, we are the change makers creating a new reality. Some of us get bored when things slow down. Let me remind you that this “wait and see” period can be valuable if you can view it from a higher perspective.
It has been my experience that when things are crawling or not happening as fast as I would desire, it means I am about to burst forth with some new venture or creative project.
It can be scary to be in this gap between where you were and where you are going. The secret is to be fully present wherever you are right now! Some clients have told me they have quit their job because Spirit instructed them to be ready to pick up and go in an instant. Then, nothing happens. The bills keep coming in and bank accounts begin to dwindle away. Yikes!
On top of all this, there is likely a clearing process involved which makes it seem like you are going backwards in your spiritual progress. It feels like we are spinning our wheels when we find ourselves facing internal battles and issues that we thought we had sufficiently dealt with. When we have completely cleared something from our psyche it will have absolutely no trigger. So, if something is coming up for round two, or three, or four … it still needs some TLC. Be gentle with yourself!
I like what Tom Kenyan wrote in his latest newsletter:
“The shock waves of change that many of you are experiencing can be likened to the re-potting of a plant that has become root-bound. For many of you, your psychological and biological roots to your current perceived reality are bound up. With some exceptions most humans are finding the current transition that the world is passing through most difficult to contend with.”
Here are some ways to work with this “down” time.
- Keep the faith and don’t give up. If you were instructed to do something and you followed that lead, then you are building a foundation. The cement has to dry before you can put the walls up. Trust that there is a master architect overseeing this process. On some plane of consciousness, you are a co-creative partner in this.
- By staying in the moment, we are able to practice thankfulness. Worrying about the future is not going to help speed things up. In fact, it adds contrary energy that is not congruent with the new life that is coming. Watch your negative verbal expressions about the situation. They are subconscious messages letting you know what is out of alignment with your higher truth. Ask your guides for help with resolving what you are being shown.
- Envision what you desire. See it unfolding. The Universe gives you the desires of your heart. This means the Universe not only instills the desire, It also fulfills it. Dream, plan, draft out on paper what you would like to see happen. Be flexible. The vision is likely to change as it morphs into being. The Universe may have something even better to offer than you envision.
- Plan, create, sing, dance, draw, make art, and be playful. This dispels the heaviness you may feel when you don’t see things happening as fast as you would like.
- Know that a higher plan is at work. You are not responsible for making things happen in a certain way or at a certain time. Let your requests and needs be known to your angels and guides. Ask for their help and then let them work behind the scenes on your behalf. Let go of expected outcomes.
- Relax and rest. Your mind may be so active that your body can’t sleep at night. So, sleep when you can even if it means pulling away mid-day for a nap! Self-love and self-care are very important during this process.
- Think about all the times when you trusted Spirit in the past. Everything worked out fine then, right? It will again now. Try to detach from specific outcomes and simply allow things to unfold in perfect timing and divine order.
- Keep energy moving in your body. Eat well and get some exercise so you don’t bog down with stress.
- Stay in the moment and enjoy what is right in front of you at any moment. Nature can help you. Go outside and connect with the trees, animals, and insects. They have messages for us if we will take the time to listen. I remember watching some ants moving across the top of a wooden slat fence. How would such a tiny creature navigate the gap between the boards? The space was at least twice his body length. When the ant got to the gap, he stretched as far as he could then pushed forward. A slight “free fall” landed it safely on the next slat where it continued its journey.
- Sit in contemplation and be in gratitude for what you have this very moment. This brings more abundance and you may find that your money goes farther and fewer expenses are incurred, or there is provision to match the need.
- Listen to what comes out of your mouth spontaneously–you may type or speak something and then think “why did I say that?” Then you realize there was some higher guidance in that “mistake.” Use that message as inspiration.
Be prepared to move quickly when you do get the green light. This is when your planning really pays off. Synchronicity will abound and you will walk through open doors that magically appear. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve seen this happen for me and for my clients. It makes the process all the more fun!
Feel free to share your experience with “waiting on the Lord.”