We hear a lot about “going within” to find our guidance. That is an important thing to do. However, some people think this requires sitting in meditation for hours trying to clear their mind of thoughts, which is might nearly impossible for most folks to do.
Going within is really about being present in each moment and listening to the small still voice of your inner guidance. This can actually come through the mind chatter and all those thoughts you try to get rid of in meditation.The voices of your many soul aspects, as well as your inner child, have many gifts and pertinent information to offer. It is important to be the observer as you allow these “voices” to speak. You can be the moderator of your entourage of archetypes.
In her book, Archetypes, Caroline Myss talks about ten primary archetypes or universal patterns of behavior that help us better understand ourselves and transform our lives. But there are other aspects that have a voice inside you as well. Some are your higher guidance. Some are parts of you crying out for love and acceptance.
Instead of shooing these aspects of yourself away, try “going within” and communicating with them. Here are some questions you might ask yourself during your next “meditation” rather than trying to clear your mind of its chatter.
- What does the voice of the Critical Parent reprimand you for over and over again? How can you stop believing its lies and offer yourself more compassion rather than supporting its criticism?
- How can you comfort that part of your psyche (wounded inner child) that was abused in childhood?
- What might you say to the Saboteur who rises up whenever you want to move forward with a project?
- How is the Caregiver causing you to sacrifice your own well being in order to help or enable others?
- In what way is the Artist/Creative urging to express yourself?
Going within also means being aware moment by moment of how you are feeling, paying attention to your body, asking for higher guidance before making a decision, recognizing what is not serving you and then letting it go, following your guidance to assure you are in the right place at the right time.
If you need help in working with your inner voices in a metaphysical manner, you may want to contact Yvonne Perry for a free 15-minute consultation or request a coaching session. Or, you may enjoy a light language transmission of energy to help your soul remember its authentic self.